Friday, November 9, 2012

Get rid of Traditional Jar Candles and Reduce Fire Hazards with Scentsy


The reason why I stopped burning traditional candles in my home was my son. I ALWAYS loved scented candles and they were always burning in my home. One day I walked into my bedroom and my son (at that time he was about 2 years old) was holding a lit candle in his little hands and to me it looked like he was about to take a drink out of the jar. I let out the loudest scream ever and he froze. That was the day that I stopped burning dangerous jar candles. My children's well-being was more important than a nice smelling home. I think it was a good 3 years before I brought scented candles back into my life, Scentsy WICK LESS scented candles.  I can leave my warmer on all day long without having to worry about starting a fire. My kids have "accidentally" put their finger in the warm wax (without getting burned), and I love making a little extra money at the same time. Check out the following statistics from the U.S. Fire Administration: 




Causes and Circumstances of Home Candle Fires
  • On average, 42 home candle fires are reported every day.
  • More than half of all candle fires start when something that could burn, such as furniture, mattresses or bedding, curtains, or decorations is too close to the candle.
  • In one-fifth (20%) of candle fires, the candles are unattended or abandoned.
  • Over one-third (36%) of home candle fires begin in the bedroom.
  • Falling asleep is a factor in 12% of home candle fires and 36% of the associated deaths.
  • December is the peak time of year for home candle fires.  In December, 13% of home candle fires begin with decorations compared to 4% the rest of the year.
  • One-half of home candle fire deaths occur between Midnight and 6 am.
  • Young children and older adults have the highest death risk from candle fires.
  • The risk of fatal candle fires appears higher when candles are used for light.


Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hypersmash.com